Choosing the right style and color of wallpaper in Singapore for your home and its different rooms can be tricky business. You don’t want to go for something too expensive as wallpaper is highly susceptible to peeling and staining. You also don’t want to choose a wallpaper design that only 1 or 2 stores have as getting replacements will be even more difficult. Wallpaper design and color can greatly influence and affect the mood, size, warmth, lighting and other important elements of a room so make sure to think long and hard before you decide on a particular wallpaper.
A few simple tips while choosing wallpaper:
Here are a few helpful pointers while choosing wallpaper for your home –
- Always choose a wallpaper with a high-quality finish that has a soft tone of ink and print. Make sure the print and colors are not too glaring and contrasting.
- Choose a wallpaper that matches the theme and style of the room. Try florals and delicate designs in pastel or muted colors for the bedrooms and stucco or beadboard designs with faux finishes for a more casual space like the dining or living room.
- Wallpapers with organic, flowing and floral designs give a more relaxed and at-home feeling.
- Bold geometric patterns and metallic accents are a good option if you’re going for a more modern or contemporary look.
- Traditional stripes and intricate damasks are the best if you want to keep it simple and they coordinate well with regular décor and furnishing.
How does the color of your wallpaper affect your mood?
The color of your walls and wallpaper can greatly affect your mood and can leave you as happy as a clam or as mopey as an old man.
- Warm colors like oranges and yellows can communicate joy and happiness. These colors are great for dining rooms, kitchens, and bathrooms. They help energize and uplift your mood.
- Blues give a feeling of relaxation and help reduce blood pressure. Blue is associated with calmness and serenity, recommended for bathrooms and bedrooms.
- Red pumps up adrenaline and creates excitement – maybe suitable for the bedroom? Red is also great for the living room as it brings people together and stirs up a conversation. Red creates a romantic feel too.
- Green is the easiest color on the eyes and has a refreshing and cheerful quality about it. Green suits almost every room in the house and creates a feeling of togetherness and comfort. Green also helps relieve stress and has a calming effect on people.